Re: dwbp-ISSUE-94 (Git for data): Dataset versioning and dataset replication [Use Cases & Requirements Document]

From: Yaso <yaso@nic.br>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:38:37 -0200
To: Annette Greiner <amgreiner@lbl.gov>
CC: "public-dwbp-wg@w3.org" <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>

Em 11/11/14, 7:29 PM, Annette Greiner escreveu:
>  we need to draw a line between data mangement practices and data publishing practices.

Agree!

But it's a thin line. We can achieve this (possible) best practices
either with a vocab or with a versioning document system (Git, HG even a
wiki with yaml). I'm wondering if these items are not data management
practices AND publishing practices...

track changes in data
provide possibility to review the history of changes
provide audit trail
get access to whichever previous version of data, not only to most
recent version

Agree about the "get dataset updates more efficiently" being a
management practice only. for now, at least :-)

yaso

--
Brazilian Internet Steering Committee - CGI.br
W3C Brazil Office

55 11 5509-3537 (4025)
skype: yasocordova