Re: Private Data on the Web

Hi Deirdre,

I agree having some more privacy-related use-cases would be good. The only
concrete use-case I can think of is that of DANS, the digital archive I'm
working at, where we have datasets that are open and others that are not.
Somewhat in the middle we have datasets that are group restricted and thus
accessible only to a predefined set of users. I'll see if I can put that in
the use-case document but on a very general basis this can be summarised as
talking about access control to web resources. With then implications for
giving tokens to data consumers, as Ig pointed out, and/or tracking the
identity of consumers and securing the data transfer channel.

It would be very good, IMHO, to consider these questions in the scope of
the group as it would facilitate putting private data on the Web too,
instead of restricting its usage to closed Web platforms hosted on
intranets. As it was already pointed out, Linked Data does not only applies
to Open Data and it would be good to offer solutions for the data
publishers that don't want or just can't open everything on the open Web.

Cheers,
Christophe

--
Onderzoeker