Re: Hydra RDF

From: Augusto Herrmann <augusto.herrmann@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:16:50 -0300
To: DWBP Public List <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Daniel Schwabe <dschwabe@inf.puc-rio.br>
Hi, Prof. Daniel and all.

Interestingly, I found out about this specification proposal and community
within the w3c on the same day you posted, but only now had time to look
into it a bit more and write here.

I see this as a similar effort to HAL, but Hydra seems more advanced and in
tune with linked data (as it uses JSON-LD). Both of them have a draft
specification for JSON types only. There's also Subbu Alamaraju's O'Reilly
book, which offers yet another proposal for linking JSON and also XML
resources in a RESTful API.

IMHO, all these efforts and communities of developers and researchers
should be merged within the w3c to try and produce a single specification
for linking data resources in common open formats (json, xls, csv) on the
web.

Best regards,
Augusto Herrmann