Re: Some thoughts on the Q&G vocab

Hi Phil,

We already defined most of the concepts [1] (probably not in that detail) you are currently specifying, which will be used for the DIACHRON project (@Steve, we have 4 “customers (project partners)” there - Datapublica[2], Data Market[3], EBI[4] and Brox[5]). We will have a namespace as well for that (probably a purl namespace for now). Those are also based on the conceptual daQ model (linked by Ghislain in this thread) I presented to you in our f2f meeting.

I suggest that rather than duplicate the effort, we should first define a number of domain-independent quality dimensions (some customers would require different dimensions and metrics). Then we could identify the properties for each of these dimensions (we could either use Makx’s work and Amrapali’s [6] survey paper). If daQ is used, then it should also be easier to integrate quality metadata to CKAN.

@Phil, I’d also be happy to help you with the ontology modelling.

Cheers,
Jer

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/diachron/quality/master/src/main/resources/vocabularies/dqm/dqm.trig