Re: Some thoughts on the Q&G vocab

Hi Jeremy,

Great work! I agree with you that we shouldn't duplicate efforts and that
we should consider a domain-independent approach. I guess that categories
and dimensions are domain-independent, however metrics may be
domain-dependent. For example, some of the metrics described in [1] are
specific to linked data. In this case, we may have more than one metric for
the same dimension defined according to the domain (or data model, for
example). Does it make sense for you?

I saw that there are more metrics than dimensions. Could you please explain
the relation between metrics and dimensions? I'd like to understand if the
different matric values are combined to produce a single value, for
example: IntensionalConcisenessMetric and ExtensionalConcisenessMetric are
combined to produce a value for Conciseness?

I was also wondering why you didn't consider metrics like completeness and
correctness in your proposal. In [2], we discussed the use of those
dimensions to evaluate the relevance of web data sources.

I think it is also possible to include the quality metadata (using daQ)  to
CKAN together with the information about data usage.

kind regards,
Bernadette

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/diachron/quality/master/src/<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/diachron/quality/master/src/main/resources/vocabularies/dqm/dqm.trig>
[2]