Re: dpvcg-ACTION-66: Look into structuring processing categories, ramisa, bud, eva to help/review.

Hello.
Here is a rudimentary categorisation of processing types, taken from the
definition of processing in GDPR (A4-2)
https://github.com/dpvcg/processing

At the broadest level, processing is categorised as obtaining data,
using data, storing data, disclosing data, transfering data,
transforming data, organising data, removing data, and automation (i.e.
automated processing)

The specific structuring is problematic because the GDPR definition
contains a lot of words which are difficult to understand e.g.
alteration and transfer. Sometimes it is not clear whether to use the
legal meaning of the term or one more closely aligned to technologies.
Can the legal experts assist with this?

I've also added profiling and cross-border processing as types from
their definitions in Article-4.

For processing (URI DataProcessing), I've added links to the definition
of processing in Eurovoc. Eurovoc contains definitions for terms such as
data collection and processing as well as links to other vocabularies
such as UN and UNESCO. We should define links to such vocabularies once
we have finalised the terms.

Best,
Harsh

On 12/02/19 7:21 PM, Data Privacy Vocabularies and Controls Community
Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> dpvcg-ACTION-66: Look into structuring processing categories, ramisa, bud, eva to help/review.
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/66
>
> Assigned to: Harshvardhan Pandit

Harshvardhan J. Pandit
PhD Researcher