Re: ISSUE-7: Are the legal grounds except consent and legitimate interest actualy purposes?

Thanks for this Piero.
I agree that legal basis and purposes should be kept separate from the
points you mention.

The concerns of today's discussion was how to model cases where the data
is said to be used for the 'purpose' of following some legal basis other
than consent or legitimate interest.
E.g. we collect this information because some law XYZ requires us to do
so. In this case, we have processing (collection) and legal basis
(adherence to some legal obligation).
What should be the purpose in this case?

- Harsh

On 10/12/18 3:37 PM, Piero Bonatti wrote:
> Sorry for junping in asynchronously. Please let me share my long
> standing knowledge representation experience with the group.
>
> Mixing up purposes and legal basis is likely to introduce confusion
> (hence mistakes when the vocabularies are used).
>
> All points a--f in Art.6.1 are on an equal basis. They are either all
> legal basis or all purposes.  Actually they are all legal basis because
> they constitute the reason why a particular kind of processing is legal.
>
> My apologies for not following the discussion more closely so far.
> There, it may have been argued that some legal basis *look like* a
> purpose.  Then let it be: there will be purposes tightly related to some
> legal basis.
>
> Best regards,
> Piero Bonatti (SPECIAL)
>

> On 10/12/18 14:50, Data Privacy Vocabularies and Controls Community
> Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>> ISSUE-7: Are the legal grounds except consent and legitimate interest
>> actualy purposes?
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/issues/7
>>
>> Raised by:
>> On product: