Re: draft text for charter

Avneesh, everybody,

to try to move things ahead… I have made a separate branch (a11y-core) on the charter repository where I tried to incorporate the proposed text with the overall charter. This required some stylistic adjustments.

The results are at [1], with [2] showing the changes (forget about the first block of change, it is a side-effect of a minor spelling mistake that I also handled while I was at it).

I think it would be better if your proposal would be now discussed within the framework of the final charter, just to get things moving. I know there is a time difference involved, but it would still be good if you could give your comments before the call; I could then initiate a pull request and that would help the IG as a whole to say yay or nay on these.

thanks

Ivan

[1] https://rawgit.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/a11y-core/index.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/dpubwg-charter/compare/a11y-core

> On 13 Feb 2017, at 07:21, Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "A final thing: during our latest call somebody raised the issue of what the fate of the W3C accessibility note, as well as the EPUB accessibility document will be. Your text may not cover that.
> To take an example, the DPUB WG may not address pagination directly, because that may be, after all, in the realm of the CSS WG + Houdini, therefore none of our recommendation will cover the pagination-related a11y issues. I think one alternative was that we would discuss with the WCAG WG on whether the DPUB WG would publish, on rec-track, a separate WCAG-like document; what happened to that idea?"
>

> Hi Ivan,
>
> The text is more of generalized statement for charter. This is why we did not wrote specifics.
> The issues mentioned by you (future of EPUB accessibility spec., DPUB accessibility note etc.) have to be resolved along with DPUB group.
> If you want us to include these points in the charter text proposal, we can do it. Else if you want us to iron these out as agenda item of IG call, we can proceed in that way.
>

> With regards
> Avneesh
>
> With regards
> Avneesh