Re: LC-1565 Use of escape characters in XPath expressions

On 2/5/07, Rhys Lewis <Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com> wrote:

> Dear Mohamed,
>
> Let me try another approach to resolving this issue.
>
> By the way, I do accept your point about the results of simple cut and
> paste.
>
> We are agreed that it would be preferrable to show only non-escaped syntax
> in the XPath functions document. However, this does leave DIWG open to the
> criticisms that
>
> - the syntax used in that document is not the one most likely to be needed
> by authors trying to create expressions within DISelect
> - the syntax is  is inconsistent with the other documents in the set. We do
> need to help readers understand why this is.
>
> One way forward might to be retain the examples, remove the escaping, and
> add a section to the introduction pointing out that the syntax we've chosen
> to use is not appropriate for use in XML documents. We would make an
> informative reference to the primer from that section too.
>
> Would that be satisfactory from your point of view? If so I will discuss it
> with the group.

add a section to the introduction pointing out that the syntax we've chosen
 to use is not applicable as is (as copy/paste) in an XML documents.
It should be escaped before. It would be good to add an
 informative reference to the primer from that section too.

And it will be satisfactory

Best regards

> By the way, you implied that you might be planning on making comments on
> other DISelect documents in future. I have to point out that the last call
> closed on November 7th 2006. We did receive requests for extensions from
> specific groups within W3C and, since your comment arrived within the period
> we granted for extensions, we decided to accept it for consideration.
> However, the last call for the DISelect specification and the XPath access
> functions is now formally closed.

Ok, my concerns were mostly upon XPath syntaxe

--
Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development