Gilman-13

From: Roland Merrick <roland_merrick@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:30:02 +0000
To: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>, public-diselect-editors@w3.org
Cc: w3c-di-wg@w3.org
Greetings Al, thanks for your comments on the content selection last call
[1]. As part of this you include "Delivery Context Namespace".

The DIWG assigned this comment the identifier Gilman-13

This mail documents DIWG's response to your comments.

DIWG Response
=============

This is a typographical error in the current last call document. The
namespace was introduced to allow the use of QNames on XPath functions
used in expressions. Due to a subsequent misunderstanding of the XPath
specifications, (an issue we are dealing with under Froumentin-1) we
removed the use of QNames for functions but we omitted to remove the
corresponding namespace. However, as a result of the likely resolution to
Froumentin-1, we will reintroduce this, or an equivalent, namespace along
with the use of QNames for XPath functions that can be used in DISelect
expressions.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-diselect-editors/2005AprJun/0012.html

Regards, Roland