W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > November 2017

DID Spec Hardening Proposal V3 Report Out (was: Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, November 28th 12 ET)

From: =Drummond Reed <drummond.reed@evernym.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:57:44 -0800
Message-ID: <CAAjunnZVJnK_ZByHYhFKR=ragpjULkj0bUx2Mf-V7muH22NViA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
Cc: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>, Joe Andrieu <joe@joeandrieu.com>, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Per Christopher's agenda item #6 below, the latest DID Spec Hardening
Proposal (V3) can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1je9Bnhe-1tLgP1bfCSUjvbQ_qllwCz042aGncWX7Uio/edit#


Based on the special DID Spec Closure call from last Wednesday (from which
Susan Bradford posted notes to the list), it now contains 6 proposals ready
for consideration—2 others are still under discussion.

Also note that it does NOT yet address the question of "DIDs as URLs",
i.e., Christopher's agenda item #7 below. That is still under discussion.

Talk to you on the call,

=Drummond


On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Christopher Allen <
ChristopherA@blockstream.com> wrote:

> TL;DR: DID Hardening Group Report Out, DIDs as URLs
>
> NEXT MEETING:
>
> Tuesday, November 28th, 2017
> Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
> Text Chat: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
>            irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg
> Voice: See updated instructions: https://github.c
> om/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md
>            sip:ccg@96.89.14.196
>            tel:+1-540-961-4469;6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
> Duration: 60 minutes
> Scribes: https://goo.gl/WVHuDh
>
> Minutes from last call: https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2017-11-14/
>
> PROPOSED AGENDA:
>
>    1. Agenda Review (2 minutes)
>    2. Announcements (2 minutes)
>    - Holidays: No meeting December 26th. Quorum for 12/19 & 1/2?
>    3. Introductions & Re-Introduction (3 minutes)
>    4. Status of Current Action Items (3 minutes)
>    - Drummond to have list of hardening decisions (due 11/28)
>       - Manu to complete #RebootingWebOfTrust changes to DID spec (due
>       12/12).
>       - Joe to submit language edits to section 1, to sync with Manu (due
>       12/12)
>       - Chairs to present ear-end review & 2018 planning report (due
>       12/19)
>       - Manu to complete Veres One DID Method spec (due January)
>       - Community to discuss reconciliation of #RebootingWebOfTrust &
>       Hardening changes (due end of January)
>    5. Status of Work Items (5 minutes, 1 minute each)
>       - Lifecycle Model (David Chadwick)
>       - Engagement Model (Joe Andrieu)
>       - Verifiable Claims Browser API and Browser Polyfill (Dave Longley)
>       - DID Specs (Manu Sporny)
>    6. DID Hardening Report Out (Drummond Reed - 10 minutes)
>    - Last two weeks of discussions on DID hardening, 7 topics from
>       https://docs.google.com/document/d/1je9Bnhe-1tLgP1bfCSUjvbQ_
>       qllwCz042aGncWX7Uio/edit?usp=sharing
>       <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1je9Bnhe-1tLgP1bfCSUjvbQ_qllwCz042aGncWX7Uio/edit?usp=sharing>
>
>    7. DIDs as URLs (35 minutes)
>       - From list:  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
>       credentials/2017Nov/0048.html
>
> — W3C-CCG Co-Chairs: Christopher Allen, Joe Andrieu & Kim Hamilton
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 28 November 2017 09:58:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 28 November 2017 09:58:10 UTC