Re: [latinreq] ED 2014-03-12 comments

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:

> 1. When accessed using HTTPS as https://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/,
> Firefox (at least) doesn't show the ToC, etc., and only shows them once
> blocking of non-encrypted content is disabled.

All the generated text comes from Robin Berjon's ReSpec, which is a JS
library for specs. Is it important enough to access editor's drafts via
HTTPS to file a bug with ReSpec?

> 2. Section 4.1, Hyphenation
>
> I thought this was commented on earlier by someone else, but now I can't
> find it...
>
> 'reap-ear', sans hyphen, isn't a word.  Should this be 'reap-pear'?

I'll delete that word from the example. My original source had 'reap-ear'
so I can't know what exactly they meant.

> 3. Section 11, Tables
>
> Should the text say something about the practice of using lining figures
> in tables?

Is there widespread agreement about this? Lots of books use old-style
figures in tables, and some fonts even include old-style tabular figures.
Financial tables may have very different requirements than scientific
tables. I'd welcome input from subject matter experts about this.

Thanks very much!

Dave