RE: Logical Order in a "manifest" vs in "content"

From: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 12:13:27 -0500
To: "'Peter Krautzberger'" <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>, "'Avneesh Singh'" <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>
Cc: "'AUDRAIN LUC'" <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>, "'Brady Duga'" <duga@google.com>, "'Leonard Rosenthol'" <lrosenth@adobe.com>, "'Ruffilo, Nick'" <Nick.Ruffilo@ingramcontent.com>, "'Cramer, Dave'" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>, "'W3C Digital Publishing IG'" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Having a logical reading order for publications already fits under 1.3.2 Meaningful Sequence: not just sequence within one page, but across the set of documents that is the publication.

It does makes me wonder if "logical" is the best qualifier, as it's incongruous with the way some publications are constructed: the logical way through isn't always the default way through, and the spine (or whatever it's called) only captures the default.

Linearization is more of a presentational take on sequence for low vision readers: it requires the content compact to similarly readable sequence as it is zoomed to avoid horizontal scrolling (e.g., liquid layouts). I wouldn't draw too much of an analogy from it.

Matt