Re: The MQ (or not) issue; what we are seeking

In order to convince people who are not convinced, can Peter or Robin give a concrete example (i.e. a link to a web page or an epub that works) that demonstrate the techniques they say are available today that give both good visual rendering and good accessibility?

I think that would be a useful addition to the discussion, because it would give a clear target to beat. If someone could come up with a way to do the same example in a better way using the MQ, then we'd have strong justifications for having the MQ. If not, we'd have good evidence for supporting the rejection of the MQ.

(writing up the MQ version of the example while the MQ does not exist is not a problem. Just write the document twice, with the only differences being things that can be toggled based on a media query, and ask readers to load the right document in the right environment, based on a manual evaluation of what the MQ would do).

 - Florian