RE: The MQ (or not) issue; what we are seeking

From: Paul Topping <pault@dessci.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 05:07:36 +0000
To: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>, "'Liam R. E. Quin'" <liam@w3.org>, 'Bill Kasdorf' <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>, 'Alan Stearns' <stearns@adobe.com>, "'Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken'" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>, "public-digipub-ig@w3.org" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
When it is suggested that there are ebook readers that don't support JavaScript, what is meant is that they don't support JS embedded in the ebook content itself. Am I correct? AFAIK, virtually all ebook readers are browser engine-based and use JS code in their implementation. They just don't want content to contain JS as it is a potential security risk. I only point this out in case it makes a difference in this MQ discussion.

Paul