RE: The MQ (or not) issue; what we are seeking

When it is suggested that there are ebook readers that don't support JavaScript, what is meant is that they don't support JS embedded in the ebook content itself. Am I correct? AFAIK, virtually all ebook readers are browser engine-based and use JS code in their implementation. They just don't want content to contain JS as it is a potential security risk. I only point this out in case it makes a difference in this MQ discussion.

Paul