Re: [dpub-arch] meeting minutes

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> I just want to clarify that the point of providing that presentation
> wasn’t to suggest that the archivable version of a PWP be PDF/A…
>
> Instead it was to say, as Tim did in the minutes, that a LOT OF TIME was
> spent with archivists around the world over the last 10+ years of PDF/A to
> understand their requirements for archiving digital content (esp
> documents).  So starting with the learnings there would get you a big leg
> up w/o having to reinvent the wheel of asking the same questions over again.

That was me, actually. I'll double check to make sure the minutes are
accurate.

But on that note, Leonard, I was wondering if any of the working documents
from the PDF/A process were available? I'd mentioned during the meeting
that I'd looked for them and not found any process docs, just final
product. If we can see use cases, requirements, etc from the PDF/A spec
development, that's a big wheel to not reinvent.

Deborah