Re: HTML-Note and bibliographies

@type already has meaning in HTML and having its meaning be wildly
different on another element would violate the principle of least
surprise.  But I do like the idea of another value.  It does not have to be
a single character; although that would make it more consistent with the
other defined values.  How about type="none" when the type of a note should
not affect its display value?

Also, no real reason that the title attribute of any note could not be
included in its display value if it has one.  So, for example

<note type="1" title="My Note" id="note1">Some text for my note</note>

<note type="none" title="My Other Note" id="note2">The text for my other
note</note>

When referenced as

note="note2"/> with more content after</p>

Could result in a display like:

Some content *1. My Note* some additional content *My Other Note*

Or whatever.  NOTE: The styling above is NOT what is being proposed.  But
it is hard to do markup styling in email.

--
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops