From: ahby@aptest.com [mailto:ahby@aptest.com] On Behalf Of Shane McCarron
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 8:38 AM
To: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Cc: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>; Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>; Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>; Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>; public-digipub-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org<mailto:charlesl@benetech.org>> wrote:
This issue for extended external descriptions is not only an issue for Images, but will be used on any web element potentially (tables for a simple example).

This is actually a super important point.  In the ARIA call yesterday we were asking if this was only related to images.  If it is not... then I don't know that anything we have been discussing is really general purpose except the summary / details relationship that we are discussing right now.

--
Shane McCarron