Re: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:38:28 -0600
To: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Cc: "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>, "public-digipub-ig@w3.org" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
wrote:

> This issue for extended external descriptions is not only an issue for
> Images, but will be used on any web element potentially (tables for a
> simple example).

This is actually a super important point.  In the ARIA call yesterday we
were asking if this was only related to images.  If it is not... then I
don't know that anything we have been discussing is really general purpose
except the summary / details relationship that we are discussing right now.

--
Shane McCarron