Re: Welcome new members

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <
tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:

> Hi Benjamin, Joe, and Florian,
>

> Welcome to DPUB, formally!
>

> If you have not already done so, please review the group charter  [1],
> the public working group page [2] and recent meeting  minutes [3]. We meet
> on Mondays at 11:00 Eastern. You can find meeting information on our wiki
> [4]. You will want to use IRC at meetings [5] and, if a dedicated IRC
> client does not work, you can use the web client [6].
>

> We have many discussions on our public mailing list (
> public-digipub-ig@w3.org ) [7].
>

> Please introduce yourself on our next call, why you are interested in
> participating in the Digital Publishing Interest Group,  which parts of the
> charter are of particular interest, your expectations, and where you might
> be able to contribute.

Apologies for not being on the call, but thank you for the welcome Tzviya!

My primary interests in this group--and the possible areas to which I can
contribute--relate to my other work in the Annotation and Social WG's and
to my work as Developer Advocate at Hypothes.is.

Specifically (from the Charter), those areas are:
 - General Architecture for Online/Offline Publications - Fragment
Identification

In the Annotation WG, we have use cases (generated by the original DPUB IG)
which relate to offline annotation and certainly the need for the
expression of reader-generated, narrow selection for the use of
highlighting, identifying, classifying, etc.

Additionally, the Social WG is interested in federation and the movement of
content on and off the public Web such that content can be created
irrespective of one's mobile connection or direct connectivity to any
single source on the Web--decentralized social networking essentially.

Hypothes.is interest is in combining these things to allow for "anything"
to be annotated "anywhere." We currently provide PDF annotation, and are
actively working with the epub.js project (and others) to explore
annotating EPUB documents in the browser.

Thanks for everything you've done in this group so far. I look forward to
contributing where I can.

Cheers!
Benjamin
--