Re: Welcome new members

Hi,

I just realized I had not yet answered this mail, and since I'm about to join my first teleconf, I might as well do this now, for those of you I have not had the chance to meet at TPAC.

I'm Florian, from Vivliostyle. Personally, I've been working on electronic documents, browsers, (CJK) typesetting, CSS, and print through various angles for the better part of ten years, and the CSSWG is sort of my home these days, and I edit a few specifications there.

As a company, we're working on enhancing CSS to bridge the gap between the rich typographic capabilities available in print-centric technologies with the flexibility and power of the web. We want pages on screen in addition to in print, we want all the goodies you need to make full use of pages (foot notes, running headers and footer, page floats, etc, etc), and we want them in standard CSS, in browsers, in ebooks^H^H^H^H^H^HPortable Web Publications, in css-powered print... So we're working on the standards, and we're implementing.

I'm here to learn, but please also feel free to use me as a liaison to the CSSWG. I'm a poor substitute for Dave Cramer, but there's only one of him, and so many topics...

 - Florian