RE: Relationship between W3C and IDPF, for this work?

Hi Leonard,

It's always great to have a fresh set eyes in the group. Welcome.

I encourage you to take a look at some of the work we've done in our group, if you have not already done so. I think you will find that we are format-agnostic. Please see the work done on CSS [1, 2] and WAI-ARIA [3] as well. You mentioned yesterday that the document-in-progress regarding Packaging [4] is neutral. These are highly representative of the work the DPUB IG is doing and will continue to do. We hope that you will be able to contribute to these efforts. We have many opportunities for contributions [5]

If you would like, please create a branch of the EPUB+WEB white paper on GitHub [6] and propose changes to the wording in a way that you consider more neutral. We will consider your recommendations.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-latinreq/

[2] http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/priorities.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-dpub-aria-1.0-20150707/

[4] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Requirements_for_Web_Publication_and_Packaging

[5] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Main_Page
[6] https://github.com/w3c/epubweb

Best,
Tzviya Siegman
Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead
Wiley
201-748-6884
tsiegman@wiley.com