Re: captchas in dpub?

This is a very broad question. I could imagine a use of a CAPTCHA-like
system that might be used as a distributed text recognition tool where
standard OCR failed to recognize the scanned text. That might then be
applied to a large-scale book or newsprint scanning project with clear
applicability to digital publishing. On second thought, that sounds like a
crazy idea - never mind! [1]

Or did you mean CAPTCHAs in ebooks themselves? I assume if epub-web takes
off then they would be no more or less likely to appear in an ebook than
they would on a web page.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA