From: Nick Ruffilo
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 12:15 PM
To: Deborah Kaplan
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: Re: captchas in dpub?

While this is clearly not something in use today, I can imagine CAPTCHA being a really good encryption breaker-preventer.  Imagine if every time you wanted to attempt to put in a password/passkey to decrypt you had to do a CAPTCHA - this would essentially stop brute-force attempting.

Personally I know that there is no way to truly stop hacking/cracking, so even the method above wouldn't fully prevent things.  But, it's an interesting use case that would at least make a good buzz-word (Only people will be able to read your content) yet it's letting non-people read that will create wonderful new business models we haven't yet thought of.

-Nick