Proposal from Web-based Signage BG

From: Kiyoshi Tanaka (田中 清) <tanaka.kiyoshi@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 22:01:03 +0900
Cc: Kiyoshi Tanaka <tanaka.kiyoshi@lab.ntt.co.jp>, public-websignage@w3.org
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Dear Device and Sensors WG members,
(Cc: Web-based Signage BG members)

I'm one of co-chairs of Web-based Signage BG [1].
I have a proposal to add new items (APIs) to your charter.

The proposal is following.
Please let me know your questions or comments on this topic!

---
Web-based Signage BG has discussed about Web-based Signage Player (JavaScript) not only for playing contents on the signage terminal but also for controlling the signage terminal device [2-4].

Web-based Signage BG has considered new APIs for getting the terminal device information and controlling the terminal device via a user agent,
and created a draft charter [5] for a new WG to study these APIs.

However, the proposed APIs seem to have a high affinity with Device and Sensors WG, so Web-based signage BG decided to propose to ask Device and Sensors WG to add the proposed API to the deliverable of Device and Sensors WG [6].

Since the initial idea of one of the proposed API (Signage Operational Information) [6] includes the security description, so please refer this, too.

I want to ask you to consider this proposal and to discuss how two groups collaborate on this issue with us.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/websignage/
[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/websigns/core/
[3] https://www.w3.org/2016/websigns/basic-media/
[4] https://www.w3.org/2016/websigns/storage/