Re: Anssi Kostiainen appointed chair of the Device and Sensors Working Group; Frederick Hirsch steps down

Hi Anssi,

Congratulations on your appointment.

Please allow me to take the opportunity to reason with you to de-scope the
redundant and duplicitous GeolocationSensor from this group and from the
specification https://www.w3.org/TR/generic-sensor/

There has been no added value specified here that could justify the
confusion of a pluralistic Geolocation API. In fact the sensor
specification with surface only a subset of the GeoLocation functionality
specified here https://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html and implemented
universally.

While Ultimate Web App developers crave useful additional features, such as
background geolocation, precious time and resources are being squandered on
this vanity for no obvious nor compelling reason.

Cheers

Richard Maher