F2F at TPAC 2017 this year?

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 11:23:50 -0400
To: W3C Devices and Sensors WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Dear WG members:

The W3C will be having TPAC 6-10 November 2017 in Burlingame CA (outside San Francisco).

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Overview.html

As a group we need to decide whether to hold a F2F meeting in conjunction with TPAC and let W3C know which days we prefer.

The suggestion we discussed on today's teleconference is to have a F2F Thursday-Friday, 9-10 November 2017 (since there is a conflict with the WebRTC F2F on Monday/Tuesday).

One of the reasons for a F2F is to  see if we can have implementers in the SF area to attend and have a working session, as well as encouraging wider W3C member participation in our work. We also should think about which joint meetings would be useful - suggestions?  (Privacy and Security interest groups are two).

Please note thoughts or concerns on the list before 1 May. Earlier is better.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Devices and Sensors WG (DAS)