[sensors] Background support for sensors APIs

From: Marijn Kruisselbrink via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 00:26:01 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
mkruisselbrink has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/sensors:

== Background support for sensors APIs ==
Currently the sensors spec does not seem to really address if and how
sensors could be used in background contexts (although I see there is
issue #12 which mentions sensors should be at least exposed to service
 workers). Are more advanced background use cases considered to be in
scope for the generic sensors API? I wrote up [some thoughts and use
cases](https://gist.github.com/mkruisselbrink/70c95b3068e1bbe9b668) on
 what I think using a sensor from the background means. Does any of
that seem like something that could or should be part of (some version
 of) the generic sensors API?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/73 using your GitHub account