Re: [vibration] Returning false if vibration hardware is not present?

On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:26:36 +0100, Kostiainen, Anssi
<anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

>> On 03 Feb 2016, at 14:39, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>>
>> Charles
>>
>> Thanks, looks like we have a way forward with PER. We should make sure
>> there are no other errata before proceeding (and of course agree on
>> this one).
>
> If we can publish a Proposed Edited Recommendation without excess
> process hoops then that'd be great.

You need to ask for a transition, which is basically a matter of showing
the change, that people understand, that the working group agrees and that
it is not substantive but editorial.

> Would the following work as an alternative to PER: update the Editor's
> Draft, link to the ED spec and HTML diff from errata.

A Rec should always link to the editor's draft if there is oneā€¦

So I think the process hoops are not that great. And the value of having a
more up-to-date rec seems worth the effort.