Re: [vibration] Returning false if vibration hardware is not present?

> On 03 Feb 2016, at 14:39, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> Charles
>
> Thanks, looks like we have a way forward with PER. We should make sure there are no other errata before proceeding (and of course agree on this one).

If we can publish a Proposed Edited Recommendation without excess process hoops then that'd be great.

Would the following work as an alternative to PER: update the Editor's Draft, link to the ED spec and HTML diff from errata.

Regarding other errata:

Since the Vibration API Rec'd, the Page Visibility spec added a "steps to determine if the document is hidden" [2] hook, so we should align with that (caveat: the Page Visibility spec with this hook is still ED).

In practice, the step 3 in processing vibration patterns [1] would be changed from:

[[

If the hidden attribute [PAGE-VISIBILITY] is set to true, then return false and terminate these steps.

]]

Into:

[[

If the result of running the steps to "determine if the document is hidden" [PAGE-VISIBILITY] is true, then return false and terminate these steps.

]]

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/vibration/#dfn-processing-vibration-patterns
[2] https://w3c.github.io/page-visibility/#dfn-steps-to-determine-if-the-document-is-hidden