W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > August 2015

[admin] Agenda - DAP Distributed Meeting 3 September 2015

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:02:34 -0400
Message-Id: <BB8BC1C9-A1E5-4CDD-922B-848ED5C2298D@fjhirsch.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Agenda - DAP Distributed Meeting 3 September 2015, 10am ET (1 hour)

Logistics at end of message - remember to use WebEx for voice, not Zakim

1) Welcome, scribe selection, agenda review, announcements

/TR style sheet response sent: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jul/0021.html

TPAC reminder (no DAP F2F): http://www.w3.org/2015/10/TPAC/

Welcome to new members: Dapeng Liu, Rong Zhang  (Alibaba),  Rijubrata Bhaumik (Intel), Alexandra Mikityuk (Deutsche Telekom), Josh Soref (IE)

Viacom has also joined (no participant)

participants list: http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=43696&public=1&order=org

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 25 June 2015

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 25 June 2015 are approved, https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jun/att-0175/minutes-2015-06-25.html

3) Charter revision

We are currently working on revising the charter before year end, see this message from Dom

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jun/0149.html

There is also a pull request regarding licensing

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jul/0003.html

4)  Battery

Draft updated for privacy considerations: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Aug/0011.html

Mozilla update, need for test harness update?

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Aug/0018.html

5) Generic Sensor Use Cases

Tobie to provide draft and lead discussion.

6) Generic Sensor API update

Updates on draft, issues (Tobie)

7) Wake-Lock API 

status - https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jul/att-0000/00-part

(from https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Jul/0000.html)

8) Other draft updates

any updates?

9) Action review

please let me know of status updates for these actions.

ACTION-723: Zhiqiang Zhang to Add test for user denial of captured file leading to no capture

ACTION-727: Anssi Kostiainen to Contact tim and boris re joining dap

ACTION-729: Zhiqiang Zhang to Update test case to clarify manual testing and to run tests and update results related to action-723

ACTION-730: Zhiqiang Zhang to Update the battery test suite to match latest battery spec (coordinating with marcos)

ACTION-731: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Review html media capture tests

ACTION-732: Anssi Kostiainen to Review html media capture tests

ACTION-733: Giridhar Mandyam to Discuss generic sensor api and use of eventtarget in geolocation wg to summarize issues to dap

ACTION-734: Anssi Kostiainen to Contact mozilla and microsoft re interest in implementing html media capture vs shelving

ACTION-735: Anssi Kostiainen to Create editor drafts for ambient light and proximity indicating new approach toward generic sensor api, also drafts for publication to tr space

ACTION-736: Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc for wd publication for ambient light and proximity once drafts available
completed 

10) Other Business

11) Adjourn

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
@fjhirsch

***Logistics***

IRC channel:  irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Reminder, please allow extra time at the beginning to get the software installed and iron out any issues.

Join with your computer: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mc67b935bcf428533e8dcbed62d3c53d1

Dial in directly: +1-617-324-0000, Access code 644 877 338

We will continue to use zakim to manage the queue (q+, q-, q? etc) but it is not integrated with WebEx

WebE best practices: https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices

When you join the chat, please register your attendance by typing Present+ First_Last
where First and Last are your first and last name, no space between Present and '+'
Received on Monday, 31 August 2015 15:03:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:06 UTC