Re: Vibration

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:04:03 +0100
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Cc: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Device APIs Working Group <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi
<anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
> I updated the Editor's Draft to provide the following hooks:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-vibration-pattern

I was thinking of something like this in IDL:

  typedef (unsigned long or sequence<unsigned long>) VibratePattern;

So I can refer to that and if we ever decide to allow other arguments
it would automatically work. Sorry for not being more clear.

> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-validate-and-normalize

This looks good.

> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-perform-vibration

This looks good too, except for the first step, which is not really
applicable for notifications, and even less for notifications from a
service worker (there's no document). Maybe that step should be
uplifted to "processing vibration patterns"?

Thanks for the quick reply and making this work!

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/