Re: [vibration] Vibration related thread on webapps list

On 27 Mar 2014, at 20:16, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:

> Maybe the vibration api could define a |Vibrator| interface and have
> |Navigator implement Vibrator| so it would be easier for other
> specifications to extend or re-use it?

We actually had that in the earlier versions of the spec that way, see my comment at the bottom [1]. Based on Jonas’ feedback [2] and group consensus we changed to the current design.

The concrete use case we had in mind for a separate interface was to -- perhaps not surprisingly -- allow the Gamapad API to reuse the interface :-)

I revisited the recent thread on public-webapps [3] and I sensed no consensus on adding the feature to the Gamepad API at this time, so I suggest we keep the Vibration API as is for now.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0004.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0006.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/0722.html