Re: [discovery] Network Service Discovery - status and next steps

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:59:28 +0200
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
CC: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi Frederick,

I am just back from vacation so sorry for any delay in responding to
your email.

CIL below...

Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
> Rich
>
> What is the status of Network Service Discovery? Do you have any updates to make since the last published working draft [1]?

There have been no updates to the specification since publications as a
Working Draft last month (4th April).

> I believe we have an outstanding comment from Jean Claude, it might be useful for you and others to respond to this on the list:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0054.html
>
> We also had some larger architectural issues we had deferred - when would be good to consider these again (I believe Cathy will be back in July)
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0013.html (and follow ups, including suggestion that this need not be in the standard)

We will certainly pick up these items in the coming weeks and I look
forward to Cathy's input here once she is back. I would prefer that we
refrain from making any major API changes until the right people are
available to discuss further here.

- Rich