[discovery] Network Service Discovery - status and next steps

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:29:14 +0000
To: <richt@opera.com>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Rich

What is the status of Network Service Discovery? Do you have any updates to make since the last published working draft [1]?

I believe we have an outstanding comment from Jean Claude, it might be useful for you and others to respond to this on the list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0054.html

We also had some larger architectural issues we had deferred - when would be good to consider these again (I believe Cathy will be back in July)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0013.html (and follow ups, including suggestion that this need not be in the standard)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group