W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > March 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 6 March 2013

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:42:42 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <1CB2E0B458B211478C85E11A404A2B270199F282@008-AM1MPN1-033.mgdnok.nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting  6 March 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Note: Next meeting is regular ET time; this makes it an hour earlier in Europe due to different in daylight savings time, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Mar/0001.html

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 27 February 2013 


Approve (revised) minutes from 20 February 2013 


proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 20 Feb (revised) and 27 February 2013 are approved

3) F2F Planning 

Questionnaire completes 12 March, https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/2013-06-f2f/


Deadline for deciding on TPAC 2013?  ( Nov 18-22 in Shenzhen - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0095.html )

4) Network Service DIscovery

Status on updates and publication of WD?

additional discussion: 



5) Contacts

Pick Contacts Implementation status, original DAP Contacts implementation status? 

Sys Apps draft  - http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/drafts/contacts-manager-api/

6) HTML Media Capture

resolving LC comments, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0002.html (Frederick)

7) Privacy

PING feedback : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Feb/0095.html

Possible updates to Proximity and Ambient Light  Event specs.

8) Action Review


ACTION-446: Frederick Hirsch to Review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html

ACTION-474: Adrian Bateman to Make a proposal for Network Information API

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-565: Josh Soref to Propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available

ACTION-591: Greg Billock to Work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues 


Close pending review items

ACTION-617: Frederick Hirsch to Set up f2f questionnaire

ACTION-618: Frederick Hirsch to Provide sotd text for battery, vibration status updates

done, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0001.html

ACTION-619: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up with Doug re closing HTML Media Capture LC Comments

9) Issue Review

[OPEN] ISSUE-127 : Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items 

[OPEN] ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] 

10)  Other Business

11) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 

Instructions on meetings : 

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 5 March 2013 21:43:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:53:58 UTC