Compass API

From: Lesley Fosh <psxlf@nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:37:15 +0000
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi there

I wonder if you can help regarding a project I'm working on coding in Javascript for a mobile application. We're looking for a model to store our compass/orientation values and have found the 2009 document 'The Compass API' http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/compass.html

The document suggests the following model be used as a web IDL object:

interface Orientation : Object {
    readonly attribute DOMTimeStamp timestamp;
    readonly attribute float        declination;
    readonly attribute float        fieldStrength;
    readonly attribute float        horizontalStrength;
    readonly attribute float        inclination;
    readonly attribute float        x;
    readonly attribute float        y;
    readonly attribute float        z;
};

We were wondering if this is the best version to use to create a compass or orientation model, or if there have been any updates or alternatives?

Many thanks

LesleyThis message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.