Re: [battery] Test suite updated

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:13:43 +0200
Cc: "public-device-apis public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Peter Van Der Beken <pvanderbeken@mozilla.com>, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>
To: ext Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Hi Boris, Mounir,

On 22.2.2013, at 20.37, ext Boris Zbarsky wrote:

[...]

> The three failing tests are:
>
> 1) "Navigator interface: attribute battery": This is because Navigator is not a WebIDL interface in Gecko yet.

After revising [1] the test suite this is now the only remaining test [2] that fails on Nightly.

> 2) "BatteryManager interface: existence and properties of interface prototype object": This is a bug in the harness and in the test.  In the test because it has:
>
>  interface BatteryManager : EventTarget {
>  };
>
> but never defines the EventTarget interface.  And in the harness because it doesn't just say that your IDL is invalid but happily proceeds to build a broken data model and then operate on it.

Ok. I defined the EventTarget as an untested interface, and this test passes on Nightly now.

> 3) "Stringification of navigator.battery": this is the same issue as #2.  The harness is looking for an inherited stringifier, but the inheritance model is busted because EventTarget is not defined, so it throws.

Ditto.

> ccing Ms2ger because I'm not quite sure where the harness bugs should be reported.

Thanks!

Btw. You've done excellent work in improving the WebIDL support in Nightly recently :)

-Anssi

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/1375b4c4b759
[2] http://w3c-test.org/dap/battery/tests/submissions/anssik/battery-interface-idlharness.html