Re: Content of URL picked by Intent

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:30:21 +0000
To: Norifumi Kikkawa <Norifumi.Kikkawa@jp.sony.com>, Paul Kinlan <paulkinlan@google.com>
CC: Greg Billock <gbillock@google.com>, WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "jungkee.song@samsung.com" <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
On 9/20/12 7:22 AM, "Norifumi Kikkawa" <Norifumi.Kikkawa@jp.sony.com>
wrote:

>Hi, thank you for your comments, Greg and Paul.
>I like Paul's idea. Consistency with android intent must help developers.

I strongly disagree that consistency with Android intents should be taken
into consideration when designing an API for the Web platform. Especially
if this makes the API inconsistent with the rest of said platform.

As previously mentioned in this thread, INPUT[type=file]'s `files`
property always points to a FileList[1], whether or not the multiple
attribute is set. Similarly, the `files` property of the dataTransfer
interface of Drag and Drop[2] also points to a FileList regardless of how
many files have been added to it.

I don't see any benefit in diverging from this well-know and consistent
behavior.

--tobie

---
[1]: