Re: [discovery-api] what to put in service name

Hi Rich,

Do you not see that your recommandation makes it impossible to
distinguish between the same service offered by multiple devices ?
As far as I know, there is no obligation to have a different serviceID
for two services of the same type on two different devices.
Worse: I have started the Intel network light twice on my PC, and both
instances of the switchPower service are called *.001. This one may be a
bug, but I am not sure.
If you want to hide the device name, create a hash or something like
that, but *either the id or the name attribute of your service object
HAVE to be constructed as different for two or more services of the same
type running on different devices.* Otherwise, there is no way to
distinguish them.
Best regards
JC

--