Re: [proximity] extensions to navigator object

From: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 11:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com>
To: "Doug Turner" <dougt@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 11:52:25 AM
Subject: Re: [proximity] extensions to navigator object

On Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 19:11, Doug Turner wrote:

> Hi Marcos,
>
> I am confused. What spec are you referencing?
oh crap, I'm getting confused too :( I was working off this one:

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html

Because it also contains "user proximity", which reads "This section is work in progress to specify an abstract proximity event that fires only when the screen is close to the user's face"...:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html#user-proximity

Bah.
> The two specs that I am following are:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/userproximity.html
>
> I think many of these issues you bought up were issues that we already discussed.
I spent last night implementing [1], which is why I raised the issues. Regardless, issues with polluting Navigator still hold, no?

Doh.

Yeah, Mozilla implemented the two specs I pointed at (just the simple use of dom events similar to device orientation).  We did not touch navigator.

Doug