Re: [proximity] extensions to navigator object

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 19:52:25 +0100
To: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org

On Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 19:11, Doug Turner wrote:

> Hi Marcos,
>
> I am confused. What spec are you referencing?
oh crap, I'm getting confused too :( I was working off this one:

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html

Because it also contains "user proximity", which reads "This section is work in progress to specify an abstract proximity event that fires only when the screen is close to the user's face"...:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html#user-proximity

Bah.
> The two specs that I am following are:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/userproximity.html
>
> I think many of these issues you bought up were issues that we already discussed.
I spent last night implementing [1], which is why I raised the issues. Regardless, issues with polluting Navigator still hold, no?