Re: [sensors] Device Proximity (was: Device light and proximity sensor)

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:09:09 +0100
To: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>

On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 23:33, Doug Turner wrote:

> I don't like attributes - some people do. Attributes like this can be defined in the application logic. Lets defer?

I can understand that, but I suggested the attribute because this API closely resembles navigator.onLine - so it felt right not only from a use case perspective but also for consistency with another part of the platform. To go with Robin's naming suggestion navigator.proximity would wfm.

Marcos Caceres