Re: addEventListener and side effects (was: CfC to change Sensor approach, not progress current draft)

Le jeudi 22 mars 2012 à 17:52 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
> A reason why we wouldn't want to do it again is if it has been proved a
> bad idea but one from which we can't easily backtrack due to existing
> deployment.

The last documented discussion that I see of this was at last TPAC, and
it finishes roughly with:
        anne: I don't know, it's pretty icky and clear that it's
        broken.
        Hixie: An event works but I don't think it's great...
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/01-geolocation-minutes.html#item03

That doesn't seem like wholesale endorsement of the approach...

Dom