comments of Network Information API

From: ⾲ <wujing6@chinaunicom.cn>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:07:17 +0800
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi, all

   I have a comment of network information:

  I Suggest adding the type attribute in connection interface.

Mobile devices can connect the network through a variety of methods, such as
GPRS, Edge, 3Gnet, 3Gwap, LTE, WiMAX, WiFi, Ethernet and USB. We should tell
the users what kind of data connection is using. It is useful to users,
especially whose connection is charging according to the data flow.

interface connect: EventTarget{

typeof type DOMString, readonly

The typeattribute is an enumerated attribute that can take one of the
following values: GPRS, Edge, 3Gnet, 3Gwap,LTE,WiMAX,WiFi, Ethernet, USB,
unknown. The value indicates which kind of data connection the device is

Jing Wu
China Unicom Research Institute
Tel: +8610 66522582
Email: wujing6@chinaunicom.cn
Add: No.33, Erlong Road, Xicheng District, Beijing 100032, P.R.China