Re: Extending Network Service Discovery draft with advertisement

Jan Lindquist wrote:
> Hi,
> Even though this is only a draft I would like to suggest to extend the
> draft "Network Service Discovery and Messaging" with advertisement support.
> Reference to original draft
> _http://people.opera.com/richt/release/specs/discovery/Overview.html_
> The proposal is to update section 9 Use Cases and Requirements with a
> new requirement that is in line with the requirement specified in
> published "Requirements for Home Network Scenarios".
> Reference to published requirements
> _http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/_
> The requirements to be added are according to the following two sections
> 1. _http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/#services-advertisement_
> 2.
> _http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/#u6.-application-exposing-a-service_
> If this is agreed then I will contribute with the necessary changes to
> provide the support.

Perhaps you could describe in more detail the use case here? Is this
about web apps advertising themselves as Local Network Services? That is
something I'd particularly like to see proposals for so please forward
them here and we can discuss them further. For the most part that's
something that I see registerProtocolHandler doing [1].

Best regards,

Rich

[1]
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/timers.html#dom-navigator-registerprotocolhandler