Extending Network Service Discovery draft with advertisement

From: Jan Lindquist <jan.lindquist@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:51:37 +0100
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>, Clarke Stevens <c.stevens@cablelabs.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

Even though this is only a draft I would like to suggest to extend the draft "Network Service Discovery and Messaging" with advertisement support.

Reference to original draft
http://people.opera.com/richt/release/specs/discovery/Overview.html

The proposal is to update section 9 Use Cases and Requirements with a new requirement that is in line with the requirement specified in published "Requirements for Home Network Scenarios".

Reference to published requirements
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/

The requirements to be added are according to the following two sections
1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/#services-advertisement
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/NOTE-hnreq-20111201/#u6.-application-exposing-a-service

If this is agreed then I will contribute with the necessary changes to provide the support.

Best regards,
JanL