Re: [vibration] Exceptions no longer exist in WebIDL

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:29:40 +0100
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
On Feb 8, 2012, at 16:13 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> The LC WD of the vibration API uses exceptions for cases where the
> requested vibration is too long.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-vibration-20120202/
>
> But WebIDL has removed support for raising exceptions in its syntax.

I've updated ReSpec to now completely ignore WebIDL raises/getraises/setraises in such a manner that it doesn't cause failure but it simply outputs nothing for them. This ought to magically fix the ED before next publication (but it's true that it's a LC comment that needs disposing of  not sure if it's a simple bug or a substantial issue, kind of on the fence).

> Also, there should be a normative reference to WebIDL.

Indeed!