Re: Proximity Events Feedback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:22:58 +0100
To: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Cc: "public-device-apis public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>, ext Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Anssi Kostiainen
<anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:
> On 18.12.2012, at 14.40, ext Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I think so. http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Howto_spec#Legacy_DOM-style
>> explains some of the problems.
>
> If I understood you correctly this could be fixed by removing all "Attributes" and "Dictionary XXX Members" sections (and updating the TOC accordingly). I'll need to dive into ReSpec and see if I could craft a patch to make this a config flag. I could quickly monkey patch this but that'd be a bit hackish, I guess.

Yeah, there's a lot of boilerplate duplicity. It's also confusing at
the moment because the requirement about the near attribute is about
the interface member near, not about the dictionary member near.

Compare your event interface definition with CustomEvent to see what I
mean. (For event handlers you can look at e.g. XMLHttpRequest.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/