Re: Ambient Light Events Feedback

From: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:49:51 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> It seems the feedback I made in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0016.html
> applies here too. (Also, IDL has no "string" type, but I agree with
> Tab that it should be an enum.)
>
> (Also, from a reviewer's perspective, I would greatly prefer it if we
> just put all sensor APIs in a single document. These are quite trivial
> APIs and with the current organization most of the content is
> boilerplate.)

+1, From both an implementor (ie.
https://github.com/rwldrn/johnny-five/blob/master/docs/sensor.md, not in a
browser) and author perspective, this makes sense.

I'd even argue that all of these:

DeviceOrientationEvent (incl. compassneedscalibration)
DeviceMotionEvent
DeviceLightEvent
LightLevelEvent
DeviceProximityEvent
UserProximityEvent

Possibly even:
 - Battery
 - Temperature

...all belong in a single common "Device Sensory Events" spec.

Rick